Friday, January 14, 2011

on being spontaneous and good eats

I don't think I would call myself a spontaneous person necessarily, but I do occasionally have that itch to jump up and do something and do it that minute. Like a couple months ago when I up and flew off to New York. Or this week when I up and decided that I am going to go to Alt Design Summit this coming week in Salt Lake City. Within 24 hours I had airline tickets, a hotel and was registered for the conference... and have been stressing about what to wear ever since. Is anyone else going? Would love to see you there...






And, in unrelated news, I ate at St. Francis last week (not for the first time, but I felt the need to mention it for anyone who hasn't tried it yet...). I can't go there without getting their Pork Chile Verde. It is so delicious, especially on a chilly winter day (granted, we don't have many of those, but the pork is super tasty either way).  Also worth mentioning, their pumpkin soup, baked goat cheese and all of their flatbreads.  That is all I have really had there, but I am going to bet all their food is equally delicious (my only bummer of an experience was with a dessert we ordered, but I am willing to forgive them, as everything else is so very wonderful).  Our waiter was so nice letting us sit and chat and take all the time in the world. And did you know kids eat free all the time? I tried to pass off my daughter for the free meal, but then she wanted to order a cocktail and I figured the waiter probably wouldn't go for the free kids' meal and cocktail combo...


So, what plans do you have for the weekend?  

2 comments:

Rosanne said...

Love St Francis. Everything I've had there is excellent, the burger, the pot roast, love the baked goat cheese! And the fireplace..so divine. Just love the vibe. This weekend, hubby's going camping..brrr. Me...I am going shopping! I may be stopping by :)

Kellie Collis said...

What a lovely restaurant! Those bread looks delicious! Happy weekend, Kellie xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Our Location