Tuesday, May 27, 2014

flowers 101


I have had lots of people ask me about how to keep flowers in different containers.  When I told a couple of my daughters my secret, I was shocked they had never heard of it.  Simple as it seems, I guess unless you are told, you just might not think of it :)  So, I thought I would share in case you didn't already know...
The trick is putting your flowers in some sort of glass container before you put them in something that might now hold or take water as well.  Easy as that.  In this case, I took some simple Trader Joe's tulips and cut them down to fit in a small water glass...
  

Then, I put the glass in my little pot...


Sometimes, as is the case here, you can still see the glass inside the pot...


So, I put some moss in a dish...


Watered it...


Then added a little moss around the edges...


And there you have it...

Trader Joe's flowers and a few tricks and you'll never have to order flowers again :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love the juxtaposition of the rustic container and the very elegant tulips.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Our Location