Wednesday, September 15, 2010

women who inspire: lynne bonnell


Where do you find your inspiration?
Everything can inspire...from the diversity of colors and textures at a farmer's market to the unique architecture of the city. I am fortunate to have gifted women in my life who are sources of creative motivation, as well as my daughter, who keeps me honest.


How did you get your start? ("It all started when...")
Born in Brooklyn, I learned I loved to create at an early age. A local park had an "art" program for children, and I found a lifelong love. Knitting by 6, sewing by 8, my interests grew to include basketry, stained glass, woodworking, painting, drawing, drawing some more...


Did you take any classes, etc. for your craft?
I've taken classes for making paper, books, rugs, windows, welding, and just about every other imaginable thing.


What can you not go a single day without?
Seeing my daughter's beautiful face.


What is your tip for success?
Love what you do, perservere, and surround yourself with creative people.



Where is your favorite place in the world? Your dream place?
Autumn in New York. My dream place? An old farm house in upstate NY, along the Hudson, with a huge attic for storage and a barn for a studio. And lots of space for gardening.



Why do you love Phoenix?
For being a large city, Phoenix has a real sense of community. The interweaving of artists and their work adds an intimacy to a geographically urban setting.



Where do you like to shop?
Preferably local shops, the funkier the better. One of my recent favorite's is Michael Todd's Zinnias at Melrose.


Do you have a favorite quote to share?
"I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself than be crowded on a velvet cushion." - Henry David Thoreau


What advice would you give to other women?
Listen to each other, share your ideas, and support the people around you. Women should help other women however we can.



Thank you so, so much to Lynne! Do you like the turquoise pumpkin I picked up while I was at her house? I couldn't help myself...
Don't you absolutely adore these pumpkins? Perhaps, you should stop back by here tomorrow because there's a chance we just might be having a little giveaway involving pumpkins...

7 comments:

Lambrusco said...

Thank you for sharing your amazing creativity with us, I adore your pumpkins!! So much so I would love to learn how to sew and become more creative myself! Does anyone know where there are good sewing classes where you can learn how to make all sorts of things? Need to get my creative juices flowing!

:)
Emma

BriarRose said...

These are so great. Love love love the turquoise. Will you be carrying them in our shoppe? If so are they available now. I can be there Saturday. :) So much fun!

Rosanne said...

I love Lynne's pumpkins. I have a couple already that I bought at a shop in Glendale. Sorry. I'll have to come into your store and add to my collection. I love the turquoise too!

Sara said...

I don't know how I haven't scored one of those pumpkins yet! Except I know you told me how to make them once...somehow I never had the spare velvet or the time!

Jaimee said...

I LOVE YOU LYNNE! Oct 29 forever . . .

Shari said...

Your pumpkins are exquisite and grace my tables and studio. You bring such a sense of style and amazing color to every one of your creations! I'm honored to have your work in my home and to call you friend!

Anonymous said...

Nice fill someone in on and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you as your information.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Our Location