Monday, April 18, 2011

a garden gift


I found all these crates at the flea market last time I went and I thought they would be so fun to use for plants or even as little herb boxes.  So, as usually happens with me when I am sitting in my craft room, I start to think of what fun little bags and packagings I can make to go with these boxes to create cute little individual gifts...  I have said it 1000 times, my craft room is my therapy.  And I had a lovely little session last week putting all this together...  I am going to put seeds in the little bags and fill the big "grow" bag up with some of our super fertile soil from the garden.  Throw in a watering can, some tools and even a cute little tablecloth and there you go.


Would you think it was fun to receive a vintage crate full of gardening supplies as a gift?

9 comments:

Vava (aka Virginia) said...

Oh, yes please! :)

dreamday said...

yes! thanks again for another great gift idea!

A Thrifted Market said...

I absolutely would!! Beautiful idea!

Al said...

Very neat find. A great way to recycle the past into the present. Love this idea. Have a good day.
www.skylarkmanor.com

licha20 said...

Oh! for sure,girlfriend!!

decorater4life said...

Ohhhh My!!!!!! I would be super HAPPY to recieve a gift like this!!!!!!! Best gift a girl like me could get!!!!!


Michelle Torres
decorater4life@aol.com

Petie said...

Did somebody say "vintage"? Love the way you think. Happy Easter and God's blessings to you and your family this Holy season.

The Cranky Queen said...

Love it...what a great idea...have several wedding showers coming up in May and now I just need the crates! Thanx For Sharing...Tiff...Visit me sometimes

Karen said...

I would love to receive a gift like that!! So nice!
Karen

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Our Location