Tuesday, June 1, 2010

where i've been...


I realize I somewhat dropped off the blogging map last week without so much as a mention (if anyone even noticed), so I thought I would share a brief update on where I have been. It just so happens I have been right here in my own backyard. The lovely Chicago Burches decided to make the trek out to Phoenix for the highly anticipated "Purple" - a golf tournament my son Peter started about 6 years ago, which has become quite the tradition (Peter is big into planning events and making traditions out of them - see here and here). Thus, between swimming, playing, talking, laughing, shopping, eating, more eating and smooching on babies, I have not even touched the computer, let alone had a minute to collect my thoughts long enough to have anything at all to write (and, I must admit, it is nice to take a break sometimes). Now that I am sitting down, of course, I can think of hundreds of things to write about... but that is neither here nor there. We had lots of fantastic family time during the week and when the boys were gone for the weekend playing golf, the kids continued to have tons of fun running all around with their cousins. I hope these are the memories they hold onto when they grow up. They certainly are a wonderful group of kids, if I do say so myself.


And what better way to entertain all the kids while the dads are off playing golf, than to take them to the most fantastic candy store in Phoenix (and quite possibly anywhere), Smeeks. You know you are in a fine establishment when you walk in with 16 kids and they welcome you with open arms. If you haven't been already, go. Go now. I promise you will enjoy yourself.


Do you have any idea how hard it is to take a picture of 16 kids? To get them all willing to sit there and look and cooperate... tough stuff. Suggestions are greatly appreciated.

So, that is what my week looked like. Pretty fantastic, no?
How was your weekend? Do anything fabulous for memorial day?

Lots to share this week with what is new in the store, new with the kitchen remodel and Jen is hard at work putting together a most fantastic blog post about her Italian wedding for us all to gush over. As always, we love to hear what you think!

3 comments:

Jen said...

that is quite possibly the most precious store front in existence. love it!

what a fun time with your fam!!!

marni zarr said...

love your posts and the kid pics are perfect! so much personality in that bunch, you must have the best time with them! on to your house... i guess i should have known it would be dreamy after falling in love with the store. see you soon :)
marni

Angie said...

Oh my goodness!!! ADORABLE photos of the kids!!! ;)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Our Location