Thursday, August 12, 2010

unpacking


We have finally started moving back into our kitchen. I am so anxious to have our lives back to normal (relatively speaking, of course). To get into unpacking mode, I decided I needed an appropriate "unpacking outfit." Do you ever do this? Like when you are gardening how you almost seem to feel more like gardening if you put on some breezy clothes and your big straw hat. So, I put on my ripped jean shorts and my vintage gas station shirt that I picked up at the flea market. Oh, and my pearls. Its always good to feel a little lovely when you're sweating through dusty boxes...


We hit a few bumps along the way, but the finish is in sight. And I have to say a huge thank you to Jody of Sunstate Remodeling and Painting (480-510-4833), who swooped in and saved the day for us. If you need someone, he is your man. Lots of unpacking ahead, but indeed a happy day...


Isn't it funny how if you take pictures from just the right angles things can look put together and nice? When this is really what my kitchen looks like right now...


and the shelves are bare...


and the furniture is sparse and there is not a comfy couch to sit on in sight...


But it is all coming together and we are so happy with every bit of it. What do you think of the new doors? Don't they give the room a whole new feel?


Hopefully, I will have everything together and tons of pictures taken to post by next week. I am going to count on all of you to hold me to that. In the meantime, what do you think of everything so far?

15 comments:

Heather said...

I adore those brick floors!!! One day I want brick in my kitchen. You're fireplace is gorgeous!

Heather said...

sheesh, i mean YOUR.

jeanette from everton terrace said...

It's simply divine. I have always wanted a glass door on my fridge. I don't put on outfits but I find if I put my tennis shoes on in the house, I get a lot more done. Can't wait to see it finished!

Rosanne said...

Can't wait to see it all together!!Looks lovely. Love the french doors, brings in so much light.I know some people hate unpacking and putting a room back together...but I love doing that, getting everything just so, trying different arrangements. Have a fun weekend decorating!

Rosanne said...

oh and by the way...you can never go wrong with pearls ;)

Taylor K said...

I think it looks fantastic so far! I am painting my guest room grey this weekend. Wish me luck!

Unknown said...

What product did you use to brick your floors? I just love it!! Have fun putting everything, "just so". Looking forward to the pics!

marni zarr said...

love it!!! your style sense is so fantastic...from the remodel to your unpacking "outfit" which is adorable. my favorite jean shorts look exactly like yours!

AntiqueChase said...

I can't wait to see the finished kitchen... it was amazing before and I'm sure will be even more so when everything is in place.. oh and the gas station shirt? LOVE IT!! want one too!! Going to get my floppy garden hat and see if I feel motivated now, lol!

Rhonda said...

Stunning remodel, I must write his name and number down. Your kitchen looks devine, simply devine.

And your pearls are so perfect! I wear pearls and grey sweatshirts. :)

Melissa @ Veranda Interiors said...

Can't wait for the reveal!! xo

TSL said...

WHOA! I LOVE THESE IMAGES!

Sherry @ No Minimalist Here said...

I am sure the finished kitchen is divine! Love the brick floors and the new doors and the fireplace mantle is fantastic. Hugs, Sherry

janine said...

Hi Bev,

I have been hanging out to see more photo's of your remodel. This has not disappointed. I did wonder with previous updates when you said you would paint the brick surround, I wasn't so sure, but now seeing these new photo's I can understand why you have done that. It gives it a clean, streamlined feel. I can't wait until you post more photo's. It all looks gorgeous!! I can't visualise where in the room the french doors are and what was there before you put the french doors in, they are well worth the wait as they do look stunning!!! I am curious to know do you find it hard to put together a mantle scape(??) on my mantlepiece, the ledge is quite narrow and everytime I think I've nailed it I end up changing it....just wondering. Anyway, thanks for sharing I have so enjoyed looking and I agree with everyone above, the pearls are a must for unpacking!!!
Take care
Janine
XXOO
Tasmania, Australia

Vava (aka Virginia) said...

And, if you DON'T share MANY more photos; we'll come stalk you and see that kitchen in person! :) It looks deeeee-viine!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Our Location